2013/03/12

my first bad experience on eBay UK

If you buy cameras on eBay from time to time, please leave negative feedback to the seller when you receive something wrong. In this way, we make the shopping experience getting better. 如果您常在EBAY買相機, 請在收到不良品時, 留下負面評價給不良賣家, 千萬別客氣!! 這樣才有辦法維持更好的購物環境。
-------------------------------------------
I like buying film cameras on eBay, especially on eBay UK. Reason for that is sellers in UK are the most honest I've found according to many years personal experience. Buying cameras from them is very safe and the quality is always same as described. I enjoy that for years until this month...... I met a very bad seller on eBay UK and that became my worst experience on eBay!

I bought a cheap point and shoot camera in February. It was listed with case and strap. Before bidding, I asked lens condition. The seller said it's perfect. So I placed the bid and paid in few minutes as I always do. Then I was waiting for the delivery by reliable Royal Mail.

During the ten days waiting, I checked the seller's store to see if there was something new and found a same camera listed with SAME PHOTO. I did not know it's a warning sign until I got the camera I bought. When I got the camera, it is the same model BUT not the one that I saw on the auction and the quality is very very bad.

--bad lens condition, seller said it's clean (photo link)
--no strap (photo link), that make me think the seller sent a wrong one but same model at the first minute, but I was wrong! He meant it.
--back cover cracked near the hinge (photo link)
--a dent on the corner which is not found on the auction photo (photo link)
--very dusty viewfinder (photo link)

I sent message through eBay to the seller with the info. I asked him to check if he sent me a wrong one. But there was no reply at all. Then I torn to open a case in Resolution. Then I started to get his reply.

He said he sent the camera shown on eBay---> I questioned him why the same camera was listed in March when I had it in my hand. No answer from him. I could conclude he is not a honest seller by this.
 
He said full refund if I send it back---> I opened the case with partial refund. It was to minimize the lost of delivery cost. He did not agree that and seemed try to test me if I will paid extra 12GBP to send it back when the camera cost 8.5 GBP only.

I told him I probably do not have choice now but leaving a negative feedback. It's a notice. But he got mad and said it's a threat......Strange is, after he said it's a threat. I see no sign the seller would like to be responsible for his mistake. To save my time and not to dance with this dishonest seller, I closed the case and gave him a negative feedback.

I know somebody may say "come on, it's just few pounds." But I can not tolerance dishonest people any. Hope no one suffering the same problem and if you meet this kind of sellers, please leave negative feedback to warn all eBayers.